DIY Make up organizer from a wrist watch box
Yesterday, I saw a pair of pants at Zara and I fell in love with it. It was the last piece and to my surprise it was my size. When I tried it, I noticed the huge hole on the kneecap but my boyfriend told me to buy it despite the defect.
How to sew a patch on jeans
What you’ll need:
- Pants (with holes of course)
- Needle and thread
- Patch (colorful or patterned cloth)
scissors, thread, needle and pins
patch (I used a checkered ribbon)
Place the patch inside the pants. Make sure that the patch is large enough to cover the hole.
Secure the patch with pins
Back stitch the patch making sure you are not stitching the other side of the pants
Leave enough margin
Make your stitches uniform for a better result. I chose a wool thread because it’s similar to the thread used on the side of the pants.
DIY Tube Scarf (No sew)
It’s rainy season again. So we need something to keep us warm. Here’s a tutorial on how to make a tube scarf in 5 minutes. :)
- Unwanted large shirt
1.Draw a straight line from armpit to armpit and cut it.
2. Cut also the lower part to make it uniform.
How to wear:
Pardon the sleepy face. it’s 1:35 here :D
DIY Fingerless gloves from sleeves
I bought a 3/4 sleeve shirt from Pull and Bear but it I didn’t notice the sleeves were too tight. I cut them off and came up with the idea of making a pair of fingerless gloves out of them. I din’t use a sewing machine here. I just “back stitched" what was needed to be sewn.
1. Get two sleeves.
2. Measure the length you want for your thumb and cut it.
3. Position the thumb where they should be perfect. Notice that in the pieces for the thumb, I put the pins in a slanting way because apparently, when you lay your hand, your thumbs tend to slant.
4. Cut the excess and back stitch.
5. Cut (only) the part whew you are going to insert the thumb pieces and make sure to tie(/secure) the threads. On the wrong side of the base, insert the thumb piece like how it’s shown below. Note: The base is on its wrong side (inverted side), and the thumb piece is on it’s right side (normal side).
So when you pull off the piece, the wrong side shows.
6. When you’re done,embellish with buttons/ribbons.